Wouldn’t you like to contribute to the development of secure applications? Perfect, you have come to the right place! We’ll learn five security techniques and best practices that are accessible even to small teams and startups. And since this is Pycon, we’ll focus on examples from Python projects.
If your company is storing customer information, then it’s a safe bet that some hacker will (eventually) try to steal it. What are the best practices for protecting customer information, as well as our own internal files and intellectual property? Using well known data breaches as examples, as well as demos of the best available development tools, we’ll examine how we can improve security at our own organizations.
This talk uses demos and real world examples to illustrate the following best practices for information security:
- Minimizing Data Collection.
- Best and worst ways to encrypt customer and internal data
- Deleting data (and avoiding complications)
- Identity access management
- Pen testing and bug bounty programs
- Hiring and empowering a CSO / Security Team
Watch 'Securing Your Company's Data: Encryption, Deletion and Other Best Practices' on PyCon AU's YouTube account